Tips and Recipe For Fruit Filled Meringue Baskets - Perfect For A Royal Wedding Celebration
Today was the only day this week that everyone will be in the office at the same time. So last night we were busy creating these delicious fruit filled meringue baskets. They are so light to eat and easy to make. Perfect for a sunny day with a drink of your choice.
3. Make a template. Cut 2 pieces of paper to fit your baking trays. Draw 4 circles on each piece of parchment paper equally spaced out. Use a pencil and draw a circle about 90mm in diameter. Turn parchment paper over so the pencil marks are face down when you put them on the trays.
6. Split the egg whites from the yolks (make some of Paul Hollywood’s Portuguese Custard tarts with the yolks). When splitting the egg whites make sure you don’t even get a drop of yolk in the whites - it will stop the egg whites getting stiff.
7. Put just the egg whites in a large glass bowl and starting whisking on slow mode until they get frothy. Then turn whisk up to medium mode until stiff peaks. This will stop the meringue cracking when cooking.
8. Add the caster sugar a tablespoon at a time whilst still whisking. The result is a glossy white meringue that is stiff for piping. Do a Mary Berry and tip the bowl gently upside down over your head (if you dare). It will be perfect if it doesn’t fall out but oops it’s not stiff enough if it does fall out and you will end up with a meringue hat.
10. Start piping in the centre on the circle and spiral outwards until you get to the edge of the circle template and stop. Then pipe a circle on top of existing piping. All the way around the edge only until you meet where you started. Like a wall around a garden leaving the centre empty for your filling. Continue until all 8 are completed.
#TipsandRecipe #FruitFilledMeringueBaskets #PerfectForARoyalWeddingCelebration #RoyalWedding #BakeClub #honourofTheRoyalWedding #fruitfilledmeringuebaskets #easytomake #4mediumeggwhites #200gcastersugar #stiffeggwhites #PaulHollywood #PortugueseCustardtarts #glossywhitemeringue #MaryBerry #meringuehat #professionalcakedecoratingcompanies #glassofProsecco #HarryandMegan #tietheknot #Windsor